one rural route. The population in 1910 was 227.
The first store was opened at this point in 1859 by Albert Hagen, a Polish Jew, whose principal customers were Osage Indians. The first church was organized at the home of Rachel Conner by T. B. Woodward. The place was named for Oscar Coy, who, with P. P. Steele, bought out Hagen's store in 1864. In May. 1866. the post office was established with Coy as postmaster. In August of the next year R. S. Futhey located a sawmill a mile below the town, which was the first one in the county. The next year he was grinding corn and making flour in the same mill. The mill was later moved to Coyville. A bridge was erected over the Verdigris in 1873, and in 1886 the railroad was built. -