Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Ninnecscah Township map, 1882.
On the county Map, Clearwater can be found in Township 29-South and Range-2-West. On the township map, Clearwater can be found in section 26.
Post Office History.
Clear Water post office open April 5, 1871 and ran to February 17, 1894. Name changed to Clearwater, who's postoffice open February 17, 1894 and ran to ?
Business men who used Clearwater as their P. O. address as of 1882.
R. M. Gardner, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Pennsylvania, came to county 1878.
S. Gardner, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from England, came to county 1878.
William H. Dyer, Farmer and Stock Dealer, from Tennessee, came to county 1871.
M. E. Dyer, Farmer, from Indiana, came to county 1874.
E. H. Brown, Farmer and Veterinary Surgeon, from Alabama, came to county 1870.
Joseph T. Hammers, Farmer and Stock Dealer, from Pennsylvania, came to county 1875.
J. P. Murrison, Farmer, from Pennsylvania, came to county 1872.
Charles K. Freeman, Farmer and Stock Dealer, from Wisconsin, came to county 1879.
George S. Freeman, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Illinois, came to county 1877.
William Ross, Farmer and Stock Raise, from Scotland, came to county 1870.
David Davis, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Indiana, came to county 1876.
Edward Murray, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Ireland, came to county 1868.
C. W. Wood, Farmer, from Ohio, came to county 1873.
Thomas S. Weston, Farmer and House Builder, from Illinois, came to county 1872.
A. E. Chambers, Farmer, from Indiana, came to county 1873.
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES - NINNESCAH TOWNSHIP, 1883.
Clearwater Kansas, 1912.
Clearwater, an incorporated town of Ninnescal: township, Sedgwick county, is situated 17 miles southwest of Wichita, near the Ninnescah river, and at the junction of the Missouri Pacific and the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe railroads. It was first settled in 1870, was platted as a town in 1872, and in 1910 reported a population of 569. Clearwater has 2 banks, a money order postoiiice with three rural routes, express and telegraph offices, telephone connections, a weekly newspaper (the Courant), Baptist, Christian, Methodist and Presbyterian churches, good public schools, and is the principal trading and shipping point for a rich agricultural district in the Ninnescah valley.