A country postoffice in Gove county, is located on Hackberry creek about 14 miles southeast of Gove, the county seat, and 11 miles south of Quinter, the nearest shipping point. The population in 1910 was 15.
HACKBERRY--- Previously known as Hackberry Mills. Name changed to Hackberry in 1881. Post office closed in 1888; reopened in 1898; closed again in 1931. (Located in Baker Township)
Originally established as a post office in Wallace County in 1879. Name changed to Hackberry in 1881. (Located in Baker Township)
A country postoffice in Baker Township, Gove County, 18 miles east of Gove, the county seat, and 12 1/2 miles south of Quinter, its nearest banking and shipping point. Mail, tri-weekly, J. M. TUTTLE, postmaster