is 175,000,000 cubic feet per day. The largest oil tank farm in the state is located near here. It covers 800 acres. The manufacturing interests in Caney include 2 large glass factories, a brick and tile works, a large zinc smelter and an oil refinery. There are 2 banks, an ice and cold storage plant, 3 public school buildings, a public library, 2 weekly news-
papers (the Chronicle and the News), telegraph and express offices and an international money order postoffice with one rural route. The town was incorporated in 1905. About this time it received extensive advertising throughout the whole nation on account of a gas well which took fire and burned furiously for several months. Tourists, many of whom
were from distant states, flooded the town to view the immense flames, the roaring of which could be heard for miles. According to the census of 1910 the population of Caney was 3,597.