Cottage is a strange little town, no one seems to know anything about it. One can learn about the school, church and cemetery but nothing on the town itself. It's recorded that the town was laid out before 1872, however you will find no information on it. It's clearlly marked on the county and township maps, but beyound that there is nothing else. Cottage Hill never had a post office, and no businesses listings were found.
Cottage Hill district No. 31 was organized in the winter of 1870-71. with Frank Leach as director ; James Nash, clerk, and Jackson Thomas, treasurer. Sarah McKelvey taught the first school in the winter following. H. Jones and John Dolen built the school house. The present members of the school board are: Mr. Pischnez, director; E. F. Roepke, clerk, and Henry Webber, treasurer. The new school house was built in 1916 at a cost of three thousand five hundred dollars, including furnace and modern up-to-date furniture ; the basement is cemented and used as a play room, gymnasium and for town meetings. It is twenty-six by thirty-six, with an addition ten by thirty, for hall and work room. It is to be paid for by direct taxation in three years, commencing in 1915.
Rev. W. H. Buckner is the present pastor, with thirty-four members and about sixty attendants. The official board is John Sisco, G. Roepke, William Roepke, Herman Anderson, John Leppard and Clarence E. Nichols. The Sunday school superintendent is Henry Pretz, with thirty-eight members. It is a live church and Sunday school.