In 1874 the site was moved one-half mile farther west, and a permanent store established. Mr. G. A. Eberhardt the present proprietor of the store does a general mercantile business. He has been in the vicinity for forty years and is a substantial citizen and enterprising business man. There is also a blacksmith shop, a public hall, and a large schoolhouse. The surrounding farms are fertile, their owners prosperous, and there are many fine homes in the vicinity.
Keene Kansas, 1912.