Push to enlarge.
and Heizer is one of the towns established as a result of this demand. It was named after D. N. Heizer, a former resident of the county, and at one time owner of the land that is now taken up by the townsite of Heizer. The first store in the town was established by D. E. Freyberger, who later sold out to Reinicke & Sons. A creamery was established in the town of Heizer by Schwier and associates shortly after the town was laid out. This was operated for a few years, but in 1909 the
building which had not been used for any puipose for some time was torn down and tha material taken to Great Bend where it was reused. Heizer now has three elevators, two general merchandise stores, one hardware store, hotel, blacksmith shop, lumber yard and other business establishment. It has a population cf about 100 and is a busy little town
at most times.