There are in Butler County a number of other towns and villages, not very large as yet, it is true, but growing steadily in importance. Among these we may mention the town of Amador, in Clifford Township; Freedom, in Bloomington Township; Plum Grove, in Plum Grove Township; Pontiac, in Prospect Township, each of which has a population of several hundreds. Chelsea, in Chelsea Township, and Indianola in Bruno Township, are of similar size. Keighley, Haverhill and Lorena, on the St. Louis & San Francisco road, and Woodward, Dixon and Walnut on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe, are but small stations yet, but have abundant opportunities for growth, which they will in time fully improve.
J. C. Glaze, now one of the prosperous farmers of Spring township, at one time conducted a store at Haverhill.
In 1902, C. R. Marshall and Sam Frank opened a general store at Haverhill. This business was successfully conducted in turn by Frank, J. B. and E. L. Marshall until 1915, when it was closed out by E. L. Marshall, that he might devote all of his time to his veterinary practice.
W. N. Green Farmer and Stock Raiser, came to county 1872.
J. H. Leonard, Farmer and Insurance, came to county 1893.
J. D. Nixon, Farmer and Stock Raiser, came to county 1878.
T. T. Rountree, Farmer and Stock Raiser, came to county 1889.
Haverhill, a village of Butler county, is a station on the St. Louis & San Francisco R. R. 10 miles south of Eldorado, the county seat. It has a money order postoffice, a cooperative telephone company, an express office, and is a trading and shipping point for the neighborhood. The population was 50 in 1910.