Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Bond Kansas Now Lone Star Kansas.
Lone Star is a very hard town to find any information on. Bond was started around 1875, but is not found on the county or township map of 1873, Bond ( Lone Star ), is in Marion township in section 1. The first time we see Lone Star on any county or townships maps is in 1902. It is believed that Bond was name for Silas Bond, who was also Bonds first post master. Boond changed its name to Lone Star in 1899. It is recorded in history that the poople of Bond were having a meeting on what to name their new school. undecided the meeting was over, will standing out side the meeting house they saw a Lone Star in the sky. They decided that would make a good name, and so the town of Lone Star was born.
Marion Township Map, 1902.
On the township map Lone Star can be found in section 1.
Bond-Lone Star Post Office.
Bond Post Office open April 29, 1875 and ran to February 7, 1876, closed and reopen March 6, 1876 and ran to October 2, 1899. Silas Bond was first Post Master, Name changed to Lone Star. Lone Star Post Office open October 2, 1899 and ran to May 15, 1953. John M. Flory, was first Post Master
Business man of Lone Star, 1902.
J. R. Woodward, Farmer and Stock Raiser, came to county 1855.
Lone Star, 1912.
Lone Star, a village of Douglas county, is located in the central portion 8 miles southwest of Lawrence, the county seat. It has a money order postoffice, some local trade, and in 1910 had a population of 75.