Odee, a country hamlet in Meade county, is located on Crooked creek in the township of the same name, about 10 miles southwest of Meade, the county seat and nearest railroad station, from which point mail is delivered by rural carrier.
Odee, while never surveyed or platted, was the name given a store down in Odee township by the sole proprietor, ''Little" Pratt. Pratt sold out and his successor died, which destroyed any chance Odee may have had of becoming- a metropolis. A postoffice by that name was conducted in that neighborhood until a few years ago. Odee was named in honor of O. D. Lemert, who was credited with securing the establishment of the postoffice.
Odee Post office open June 1, 1881 and ran to July 31, 1909,, was in Seward county for a while.
Rest, a station on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe R. R. in Wilson county, is located on the line between Colfax and Pleasant Valley townships, 14 miles northeast of Fredonia, the county seat. It has telephone connections with all the other towns in the vicinity, general stores, and a money order postoffice. The population in 1910 was 35. Rest was a trading post before the railroad was built, and had several stores, a number of residences and a G. A. R. hall.
Rest postoffice open July 18, 1877 and ran to May 31, 1955.