Munden is in Fairview Township it sits on the farest north boundary of Fairview and Rose Creek Township.
Post Office History.
Lafayette Adams, Farmer and Stock Raiser, came to county 1871.
More History on Munden, 1912.
The village of Munden, so called from John Munden, owner of the land on which the town is built and trustee for Jane Ann Stephens, is located on the north line of Fairview township. The original townsite was surveyed by E. W. Wagner, county surveyor, on the 29th and 30th days of September, 1887, containing seven blocks situated north of the C., K. & N. Railway in the northwest corner of section three (3) and the northeast corner of section four (4). The original plat was filed for record October 31st, 1887. The first addition comprising blocks eight, nine and ten lying south of the C., K. & N. Railway, was filed for record August 18th, 1890.
John Washichek built the first general store in the fall of 1887 and commenced selling goods in October of that year. Wesley Skocdopole was the first blacksmith commencing business early in the fall of 1887.
A. M. Canfield, postmaster at Bethel, built a store building in the fall of 1887 and commenced business the last of October, 1887. He was the first postmaster at Munden. John Epherson, a Swede, built a millinery store building in the winter of 1887 and 1888. Joseph Kuchera built a hardware store in the spring of 1888, moved to Munden and commenced selling goods May 6th of that year. Anton Stransky built a business house in the summer of 1888 and commenced selling goods August 1st. Amasa Welch built and kept the first restaurant and boarding house in the summer of 1888, running until fall, when he sold out to John Whitlach. The building is now occupied by Dr. G. E. Gray as a drug store. The Odd Fellows' hall, a two-story frame building, was moved from Ida to Munden in the summer of 1888. C. L. Houdek was the first to do business in this building in Munden. It was destroyed by fire June 28th, 1895. Was rebuilt of brick and dedicated April 26th, 1896. This building stands on the Rose Creek side of the line, is the best building in the town and is now occupied by Bowersox & McCall as a general store.
Mr. O. A. Allen commenced business in 1892 as grocer and confectioner and is still in business as a general storekeeper. Joseph Stransky built a general store in 1894 and has been in business ever since. Mr. Stransky is the present postmaster.