Paxico, a little town in Wabaunsee county, is located on Mill creek in Newbury township and on the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific R R., 8 miles east of Alma, the county seat. It has a hotel, a bank, a flour mill, telegraph and, express offices, and a money order post office with two rural routes. The population in 1910 was 400. The town was started at the Strong Mill, one mile east, in 1879. A post office was established and named Paxico in honor of the Indian medicine man. Pashqua, who had owned the land. When the railroad carne through in 1886 the store and post office at Paxico were moved to the present site, and a little town by the name of Newbury was also moved to this place.
Was born in Wurtemburg, Germany, March 20, 1856, coming to America in 1881. The following year was married to Miss Theresa Rebholz, of Cleveland, Ohio, to whom three sons were born. While in the Fatherland Mr. Noller served three years in the German army, being a corporal in the 29th Wurtemburg Artillery. Came to Kansas in ]884 and engaged in farming until 1897, when he took charge of the Hotel Paxico. After four years of success in the hotel business here Mr. Noller bought the Denver House at McFarland, where he is now running one of the best hotels in the county on up-to-date principles. Besides the hotel Mr. Noller owns 340 acres of good farming land. He is popular with the traveling public, with whom he has established a good reputation as a landlord.
Was born in Mankato, Minnesota, October 13, 1865. Came to Kansas with his parents when but five years of age, the family locating near Newbury. Was educated in the district and parochial schools.
On May 1, 1888, was united in marriage to Miss Anna Lamm, to which union seven children were born. Until September, 1900, Mr. Hund was one of the progressive farmers of Newbury township, but is at present proprietor of the Hotel Paxico, which, under his efficient management has attained a reputation as a popular stopping place with the traveling public equalled by few and excelled by none.