Tuesday, December 3, 2013

William Henry Hinks.

The other day I got a letter from a Mr.  Ron Darland, I was unable to help him.  I thought maybe one of my readers could help him.  If you have any questions or answers for him he can be reach at the following.  rdarland@sbcglobal.net
 
A little about me and my family.
 
My maternal ggggrandfather and family. His name was William Henry Hinks and he owned Arrington's only livery stable in l870's-l880's (?) Have handwritten notes from great aunt giving this information and listing children's names:  Harley, Edward, Mae, and John Franklin Hinks (my gggrandfather) who was born in Arrington in l879. William Henry Hinks was married to Victoria Jane Pence. He passed August 2, 1904 and is buried in Muscotah Cemetery. I would love to see if anyone could possibly take a picture of his headstone; of course if there is one. Or to locate the burial location so we might be able to place a stone in memory of him.
 
Also, I have attached a picture that we believe is Edward, Harley and my gggrandfather John (sitting from left to right) We believe this is possibly the fire department for Arrington or in the surrounding area. I wanted to ask if you might know anything about a fire department approx. dates 1880s to 1890s possibly 1900 but more likely late 1800s and if you know anything about livery stables in the area around or approx same time frame.
Ron Darland.

No comments: