In 1890, the Topeka Starch Company own it they ran successfully for about 12 years. In 1890, the earlier manager T. O. McGrew retired and C. H. Titus took over as supervisor. In February of 1891, the factory was ordered closed by the Trust at the time of the closing the factory had about 40 workers and $20,000 dollars worth of products on hand. On October 21, 1902 fire consumed the old factory.
In 1896 through 1897, the National Starch factory had a capital of $50,000, and was not in operation.
In 1899 through 1900, C. H. Titus, was superintend of the National Starch factory.
In 1902, C. H. Titus, was manger of the National Starch factory.