Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joseph Lockwood Rogers. Vermillion Ks.



Joseph Lockwood Rogers Home.
Push to Enlarge.


This is a photo of the Rogers house the date it was taken is unknown.  The rogers lived in Noble Township of Marshall county.  They lived about five miles North East of Vermillion on section 25, this section can be found on the county plat map, Noble Townspips 3&4 South, Range 10 East.
Notice the sign in the front yard it reads. "Pattons Sun Proof Paints-J. L. Rogers."


Joseph Lockwood Rogers.

Birth: 21 Jun 1858, Kinsdale, Ontario, Canada
Death: 21 Jun 1933, Vermillion, Marshall, Ks.

Father: Wilson Palmer ROGERS.
Mother: Mary Ann O'SULLIVAN.

Spouses: Myrtilla WYCKOFF, Marriage: 31 Dec 1884.
Allmanera CALDERHEAD, No dates given on the marriage.

Children from Myrtilla WYCKOFF marriage.

Wilson Duncan ROGERS, Born: 3 Oct 1892, Vermillion, Marshall, Ks., Died: 18 Feb 1903.

Malcolm Wyckoff ROGERS, Born: 22 Jul 1896, Vermillion, Marshall, Ks.

Mable Lopheza ROGERS, Born: 26 Nov 1885, Vermillion, Marshall, Ks. Died: 16 Dec 1967, Nampa, Ada, Id. Buried: 20 Dec 1967, Hillcrest Gardens, Nampa, Ada, Id.

Irene ROGERS, Born: 17 Dec 1890, Vermillion, Marshall, Ks. Died: 20 Sept. 1968.

His Burial is at Vermillion Cemetery, Vermillion, Marshall County, Kansas.

Note. Those of you who are of the family and would like to add a story or a photo, just drop me a line and I will be glad to add it to this page.

Up date January 3, 2014.

This information is given by F. C. Coons, of Astorin Oregon

I ran across your blog regarding JL Rogers of Vermillion Kansas.  As a boy, I lived near his house, and we went by Roger's corner on the way to town. He had been the Postmaster back in the late ninety's and early 1900's.  The house sat on the south west corner, a half mile east of Vermillion, on what is now referred to as the Axtel corner.  We have been away from there since 1942, but keep in contact with the old home town, I recall his daughter Irene, and she had a young son a little younger than I am [I'm no 85].  I know nothing about the place you describe.

3 comments:

Tani said...

How exciting! Yes, I am family, and I have an awesome portrait of J.L. Rogers of Vermillion, KS. He was my Grandfather's Grandfather. I have pictures of him with his children as well, and even a trunk full of his papers and things, I believe that in the trunk there are even the original blueprints/plans for the house you have pictured above. His daughter also kept scrap books while growing up in that house. She was Mable Rogers- Dillehay... my Grandfather's Mother.

This is absolutely fascinating information you have gathered and so generously host here. Im just thrilled to have found it, and I would love to contribute any of the artifacts/ info I have that you might find of interest.

I am following on Google+ so you can get a hold of me that way. Or look me up on Facebook and I will post those pics for you.

Thank you so much for this,
Tani Hughes, Nampa, ID

Dennis Segelquist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dennis Segelquist said...

Hi Tani I would be most interested in you offer, but was unable to find you at facebook. You can reach me at dsegelquist1@cox.net