Eudora is near the north-east corner of Douglas County, and about three miles south of the Kansas river and nine east of Lawrence Kansas, the County Seat. This is a very beautiful and fertile section of the country, with both timer and good water. The town has grown and become thrifty and enterprising, and as the surrounding parts are favorable, the place will continue to grow and improve. It now has a population of about 400..
The post office of Eudora was established in the summer of 1857, and A. Summerfield appointed as first Postmaster. Mr. Summerfield was succeeded by T. C. Hockett, who, in 1862, was succeeded by Frederick L. Pilla. Mr. Pilla retained the post mastership until his death, in 1871, when he was succeeded by the present incumbent, Charles Pilla. The office was made a money-order office, July, 1878, and its business is rapidly increasing.