Dubuque, a little village of Center township, Russell county, is located near the head of Beaver creek, about 20 miles southeast of Russell, the county seat. It was formerly a postofifice, but after the introduction of the rural deliver)' system the office was discontinued, the people now receiving mail through the office at Dorrance, which is the most convenient railroad station. The population in 1910 was 26. Dubuque Post Office was Estb. in Barion County, open Feb. 17, 1879 and ran to April 30, 1909.
Frank Bachmann, Farmer and Stock Raiser
Cairo, a village of Pratt county, is a station on the ^^''ichita & Pratt division of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe R. R., 11 miles east of Pratt, the county seat. It has a money order postoffice, express office, some good general stores, a flour mill, and is a shipping point for the surrounding country. The population was 40 in 1910. Cairo Postoffice got its start in Irene and ran from February 1887 to December 31, 1922, moved to Cairo and open on March 11, 1919 and ran to January 14, 1922.