Monday, May 21, 2012

Bitter Creek & Boon Kansas.

I found these two towns while I was searching Summer County Kansas.  I was unable to find any information on the towns, it seems no one has any information on them, even Summer county History has noting that I could find.  I was however able to find some names of men who lived near the towns and once again I could very little on them.  I know there will be people looking into these lines, so any little information I can give will be a help to them.

I have posted the links to the towns, these maps will not only show the town but the owners of the land around the town.  These maps will be interesting to those looking for something on these town.  If any one has information on any of the surnames or the towns I would like to hear about them, I will be glad to post the information.
------------------------------

Bitter Creek was Bittercreek.

Post Office open September 30, 1879, closed April 30, 1892.  Changed name to Bittercreek, opened May 14, 1892, closed September 28, 1894.  Post Master John Dean, 1883.

Charles E. Beach, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Illinois, came to county in 1875.

J. D. Kunkle, Farmer and Stock Raiser, from New Jersey, came to county 1876.

John Dean, , Farmer and Stock Raiser, Post Master, from Ohio, came to county 1872.

George Metcalf, , Farmer and Stock Raiser, from New York, came to county 1877.

Boon.

Post Office opened January 1, 1879 closed March 4. 1887, moved to Hukle, Kansas.
W. H. Roberts, , Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Ohio, came to county 1872.

E. R. Sadler, , Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Kentucky, came to county 1871.

J. W. Groves, , Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Ohioo, came to county 1870.

R. J. Hukle, , Farmer and Stock Raiser, from Kentucky, came to county 1871.

Summer County Maps, 1883.

Bitter Creek Kansas.
http://www.kansasmemory.org/item/224019/page/22

Boon Kansas.
http://www.kansasmemory.org/item/224019/page/31

No comments: