|Picture publish date 1903.|
Push to enlarge.
Birth: Nov. 18, 1838, Cartersville, Bartow County, Georgia.
Death: Dec. 24, 1923, Cave Springs, Elk County, Kansas.
Farther: Thomas WOODALL b: 12 FEB 1793 in South Carolina
Mother: Varches Deliah SPENCE b: 18 DEC 1808
Wife: Sarah Ann NIX b: 5 FEB 1841 in Pickens, South Carolina
Married: 25 DEC 1865 in Lawrence, Kansas
1. Mary Varches WOODDALL b: 22 NOV 1868 in Lawrence, Kansas.
2. Alta Jane WOODDALL b: 16 FEB 1870 in Lawrence, Kansas.
3. William Martell WOODDALL b: 27 OCT 1872 in Cave Springs, Elk Co., Kansas.
4. John M. WOODDALL b: 25 JUN 1874.
5. Nathan S. WOODDALL b: 27 JUN 1875.
6. Thomas Isaac WOODDALL b: 5 JUN 1878 in Cave Springs, Elk Co., Kansas.
7. James Wever WOODDALL b: 30 JUL 1880 in Cave Springs, Elk Co., Kansas.
8. Celia Alice WOODDALL b: 8 AUG 1882 in Cave Springs, Elk Co., Kansas
9. George WOODDALL b: 14 APR 1888 in Cave Springs, Elk Co., Kansas.
Burial: Mount Zion Cemetery, Elk County, Kansas.
Mr. Wooddall came to Elk county and settled in section 5, of Liberty township. He was a farmer of 415.68 acres of which 40 was in section 6. His post office address was Severy, Kansas, which is about 4 miles north of the farm. Severy, Kansas is in Greenwood county, Kansas.
Civil War Veteran.
John W. Wooddal, private, 9th., Kansas Cavalry, Company H. Enlisted November 25, 1862, mustered in November 25, 1862. Assigned to new company C. Discharged for disability June 25, 1865.