Bellefont, a village of Wheatland township, Ford county, is a station on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe R. R. 22 miles east of Dodge City, the county seat. The population was 40 in 1910. It has a money order post office with one rural delivery route, and is a shipping and supply point for that section of the county.
The founder of Bellefont was Major John A. Cline.
Bellefont Post Office open April 30, 1878 to September 31, 1896, closed and reopen on November 6, 1904 and ran to June 28, 1957.
County Directory 1905--06.
Major John A. Cline, Postmaster and Dealer of General Merchandise, came to county 1878.
Chris. Henning, Farmer and Stock Raiser and Dealer of Poultry, came to county 1885.
M. C. McKee, Farmer and Grain Dealer, came to county 1898.
George W. Molitor, Live Stock Commission and Merchant, came to county 1877.
Theo. Wadel, Farmer and Stock Raiser, came to county 1884.